According to a report published by the Liberal Democrats: 1 in 4 crimes committed in London is a violent crime i.e. 25%.
350 knife crimes are committed every day in England and Wales (British Crime Survey 2008). The Public Accounts Committee found the number of 16-17 year olds carrying a knife has doubled since 1998.
According to a Sky News report (Oct 2008) murders in England and Wales between April and June 2008, involving a knife, were up 28% on last year.
- Assaults by grievous bodily harm with intent rose by 29% in the same period
- Londoners stand a 1 in 10 chance of being robbed or attacked – the highest risk in the country
- 1 out of 4 women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime.
- The increase of drug rape/robbery is alarming in London this effects both men & women.
- Statistically 4 out of 5 women who fight back get out of a situation!
- Men feel equally insecure about their safety as it is a myth men know how to fight back
- Do your staff know how to fight back to prevent a serious assault, a rape or possibly save their own life if attacked?
- Are they confident in their capabilities?
- Would they not be hugely appreciative if their employer arranged a self-defence course in house?
People around the world are often heard to say: “I wouldn’t know what to do, I am not a fighter. If someone attacked me I will give in and pray I come out with as little harm as possible to myself and hopefully I am still alive.” The reality is that most people have this view not because they cannot defend themselves but because they do not know how to defend themselves or they have poor safety awareness habits.
Research shows that 80% of people who fight back get out of a situation! The courses we offer are therefore very realistic. Consequently, our courses are unlike many other self-defence courses offered as we focus on the practical empowerment of providing participants with general personal safety awareness as well as the tools to deal with a violent or an abusive situation. Individuals leave our courses feeling they have grown in confidence and their capability to protect themselves.